Skip to main content

Quick Fire Reviews II ⏱️🔥

So for this second installment of quick fire reviews I'm going to be reviewing the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series seeing as I recently reread the series.
 
                The Lightning Theif:
The book follows a 12 year old boy named Percy Jackson, who discovers that everything in greek mythology is still around in the modern world. He then learns that his father is the Greek God, Poseidon, which means that his a demigod (half human, half Greek god). He is accused of stealing the master lighting bolt from Zeus and then has to go on a quest to right those wrongs. 

This is the best way I could think of making Mythology sound interesting to kids. And the jokes still managed to make me smile. 
 Rating: 5/5

              The Sea of Monsters:
This was and quite frankly still is my least favourite book within the PJO series. It had some foreshadowing to later books but besides that, it wasn't enough to really keep my attention all the way through. I liked that we got introduced to one of my personal favourite characters, Tyson. 
 Rating: 3/5


             The Titan's Curse: 
I don't like this cover. These new UK covers of the PJO series aren't the best.😅 
This book introduces the reader to alot of loved characters within the Riordanverse, like Thalia Grace, Nico Di Angelo, The huntresses of Artemis & Rachel Elizabeth Dare. 
 Rating: 4/5

         The Battle of the Labyrinth:
Amazing book! I read majority of this book in one day. It was action packed and had lots of jokes. 
 Rating: 4.5/5

              The Last Olympian: 
Best book in the series. Hands down. So much stuff happened, it kinda reminded me of Avengers: Endgame in that way. 
I always really liked the ending of the series. Rick Riordan wrapped it all up pretty nicely. 
 Rating: 5/5

I read the PJO series a while ago and have never moved on to the other series Rick Riordan has released. I'm currently reading The Heroes of Olympus series for the first time, so I might do like a quick fire review on that series soon. Also, except something related to The Kane Chronicles too, because I am planning on reading those for the first time too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scythe by Neal Shusterman// Book Review

(This Review might contain Spoilers :)  I  recently finished Scythe by Neal Shusterman, and may I just say I loved it. It had plot twists that I never could have guessed, I was shocked almost all the way to the end. Scythe is one of those books that once you start reading all you want to do is to see how the book will eventually wrap-up - and may I just say I liked the ending plot-twist. Something that I really appreciated within this book was the writing style Neal Shusterman used, it's really easy going/straight to the point and isn't very prose heavy - which helps people like me who can lose interest easily. Now with all of that said this would be an otherwise 3 star book for me. But I think what pushed this over towards a 4 star book was the world, concept & execution of the concept. The utopian setting of the book feels somewhat unique & tangible.  RATING : 4/5 stars  

Quick Fire Reviews ⏱️🔥

So, this is a new thing I'm trying to do on the blog. I hope you guys like this new idea, and I hope I keep up with this.              The Thunderhead : This is the second book in the Arc of the Scythe trilogy.  From the Goodreads reviews that I saw online most people either fall under liking/disliking the book. I for one, really liked this book alot more that the first book.                     Rating: 4.5/5                 The Toll : This is the third book in the Arc of the Scythe trilogy.  This was the best book in the series. Everything from the plot to the characters to even the world got elevated to a new height in this book. I would have wanted a sequel series or a different series within the same world, but I loved the way the series wrapped up so well.                      Rating: 5/5

The books I had to read for my Grade 12 English class + MY THOUGHTS ON 'The Tragedy of Macbeth'

Author's Note Hey guys, this post will be posted sometime within January/Febuary of 2022 but parts of this post I'd initially started writing as far back as August 2020. Amist both my Matric year(arguably my most stressful schooling year I've had thus far) and amist the shifting lockdown restrictions happening in the world and the ever increasing number of Covid-19 cases - and witnessing friends and relatives of mine falling ill (and eventually me included). When I first started writing this post I wasn't sure whether or not it would ever get posted, there was even a time during 2021 when I decided to go completely off the grid - nearly deleted this blog as well... but something stopped me... thinking about this blog and just how cathartic these posts are for me, I guess that stopped me (ofcourse now I'm back on most social media again). I'm not saying any of this for you to pity me, I'm merely saying this for you to get a glimpse into my thought process. So